HELP US HELP THE KIDS.
The smaller the patient… the greater the need.
The cost of highly specialized care and treatment continues to grow. Help bring back the smiles.
Did You Know
- BC Children’s Hospital provides expert care to 86,000 individual children that results in more than 234,000 patient visits.
- Over 1,000 researchers are affiliated with BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, the largest facility of its kind in Western Canada
- More than 9,000 children require surgery due to potentially life threatening illness and injury.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit cared for over 1,100 children.
- More than 46,000 children were seen in the 24 hour emergency department.
- Doctors performed 200 open heart surgeries, with more than half on patients under age one.
- 800 children are in active treatment for cancer at BC Children’s Hospital.
- The medical genetics team at BC Children’s Hospital sees 4,600 families.
- The Mental Health outpatient program receives more than 16,000 patient visits.
Please support BC Children’s Hospital!