WE CAN TRANSFORM LIVES
Our patients may be small, but their need is great. By supporting innovative research that can lead to new breakthroughs, you’re making a difference in the lives of countless kids and families.
Did You Know
- BC Children’s Hospital provides expert care to more than 86,000 kids, which results in more than 234,000 patient visits.
- Over 1,000 researchers are affiliated with BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute, the largest facility of its kind in Western Canada.
- More than 9,000 children require surgery due to potential life threatening illness and injury.
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit cared for over 1,100 children last year.
- More than 46,000 children were seen in our 24-hour emergency department.
- Doctors performed 200 open-heart surgeries, with more than half on patients under age one.
- 800 kids are currently receiving treatment for cancer at BC Children’s Hospital.
- The Mental Health outpatient program receives more than 16,000 patient visits.
- Every $1 invested in research by donors at BC Children’s Hospital is leveraged to secure $5 in external funding grants.
Please join us in our quest to improve kids’ lives.