BC Children’s Hospital Foundation launches 2023 Choices Lottery
VANCOUVER, BC (January 19, 2023) – BC Children’s Hospital Foundation announced today that the tickets for the 2023 Choices Lottery are now on sale until Thursday, April 13, 2023, or until tickets sell out. The Choices Lottery supports world-leading research initiatives that lead to innovative discoveries and treatments, which in turn directly help experts at BC Children’s Hospital advance their quest to conquer childhood illnesses. More than 1,200 researchers at BC Children’s Hospital work to push the boundaries of what’s possible in pediatric health. Lottery funds help accelerate the pace of turning discoveries into life-saving treatments – ultimately helping more kids get back to being kids.
“At BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, we know that small is mighty. The sick and injured children who visit BC Children’s show us this every day. We also know that every research study, small or big, could have a huge impact on children and families across the province. This is why we count on the funds raised from every Choices Lottery ticket sold. A single ticket purchase may seem small, but together, the money raised could contribute to the next groundbreaking discovery,” said Malcolm Berry, President and CEO of BC Children’s Hospital Foundation. “138,000 children visit BC Children’s Hospital for specialized pediatric services each year, and BC Children’s is the only hospital in the province devoted solely to the care of children and youth, addressing both physical and mental health.”
The winner of the Choices Lottery can choose one of nine grand prize packages:
- Grand Prize Choice #1 – Ocean Park in South Surrey package worth over $2.7 million. Located at 13156 19A Avenue, South Surrey.
- Grand Prize Choice #2 – Brookswood in Langley package worth over $2.6 million. 3224 197A Street, Langley.
- Grand Prize Choice #3 – Grace / Westside in Vancouver package worth over $2.7 million. Located at 4950 Heather Street Vancouver.
- Grand Prize Choice #4 – COCO Oakridge in Vancouver package worth over $2.7 million. Located at #501-5733 Alberta Street, Vancouver.
- Grand Prize Choice #5 – Sunset Ranch in Kelowna package worth over $2.6 million. Located at Lot 57, Trickle Creek Drive, Kelowna.
- Grand Prize Choice #6 – The Ledge at the Rise in Vernon package worth over $2.5 million. Located at #9-7735 Okanagan Hills Boulevard, Vernon.
- Grand Prize Choice #7 – SookePoint package worth over $2.6 million. Located at Surfside Yacht Suite 33B, Sooke.
- Grand Prize Choice #8 – Crown Isle in Courtenay package worth over $2.6 million. Located at 103-1444 Crown Isle Drive, Courtenay.
- Grand Prize Choice #9 – $2.3 million tax-free cash.
“The Choices Lottery grand prize home packages keep getting better and better every year, and this year there are eight prize home packages to choose from. The homes are located in Vancouver, Langley, South Surrey, Sooke, Courtenay, Kelowna, and Vernon. The grand prize winner also has the option of choosing $2.3 million in tax-free cash,” said Erin Cebula, Choices Lottery celebrity spokesperson. “The prize home in Ocean Park is truly spectacular. It is 4,385 sq. ft., and has five bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, a 20’ foyer, a private bar, wine display and two kitchens. It also comes with a yoga studio and gym.”
To encourage early ticket buying to support BC’s kids, there are 51 Early Bird prizes valued at over $300,000. One early bird winner will have the option of choosing:
- $125,000 in luxury worldwide travel along with a 2023 Tesla Model Y Long Range and gas and groceries for a year – $15,000 Save-On-Foods gift card (or $11,000 cash) and $10,000 Esso gift card (or $7,500 cash), or
- A 2023 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 6.6 Diesel plus 2023 Timber Ridge 26KVS Premium Travel Trailer plus $10,000 cash, or
- $250,000 cash
Plus, there are 50 winners of $1,000 cash each.
Ticket sales for the 2023 Choices Lottery run until April 13, 2023. In total there are more than 3,000 prizes worth over a total of $3.4 million, including luxury homes, vacations, and cars, including:
- Choices Lottery Grand Prize: 330,000 tickets are sold to win a Grand Prize. Three-packs for $100, six-packs for $175, nine-packs for $250, and 20-packs for $500.
- 50/50 Plus Lottery: There are 482,000 tickets available for sale. Two-packs for $15, six-packs for $30, and 16-packs for $60.
- Daily Cash Plus Game: There are 102 prizes available to be won, and 180,000 tickets are available for sale. Two-packs for $25 and six-packs for $50.